Light. Simple. Full of features.
The GPS LS was created to provide for novice or experienced pilots a flight experience with a light and simple instrument, yet with lots of features. It has almost everything that the most expensive instruments have but for a much more affordable price.
- Light and Compact – specifically designed to be extremely thin and comfortable to carry (size 126 x 73 x 12 mm, weight 110 g)
- Sunlight readable Display – high contrast monochrome display gives excellent viewing even in direct sunlight.
- Ultra-sensitive Vario – accurate and extremely sensitive instrument that uses the proven quality of Flymaster varios.
- Rugged construction with anti-scratch screen
- 90dB loudspeaker with configurable vario acoustics
- 72 Channel GPS/Glonass Module; provides Speed & Glide Ratio, Distance to TO & Thermal
- Thermal Core assistant, Wind Direction & Speed
- Glove Friendly – big keys that can easily be used in flight whilst wearing gloves
- Li-ion rechargeable battery (up to 60 hours of flight)
- Micro-USB interface – used for charging and downloading flight logs in IGC format.
|Display Type||Segmented LCD|
|Screen size (true viewing area)||53x75mm|
|Battery Capacity (Lithium-Ion)||1800mAh|
|Autonomy||Approx. 60 hours|
|GPS||72 channel GPS/Glonass|
|Native USB Connection||Allows Connection to the PC to download/upload flight data, firmware updates|
|Battery Charging||From any USB 5v wall adapter, USB car adapter or computer USB port|
|Firmware update by USB (upgrades are free)|
S + W Verdict:
“Well priced, simple to use & compact GPS enabled vario”